Friday, July 9, 2010

STOONS!


It is Saskatoon berry season once again. Fuck Yes! Fight me if you think there is a tastier berry. Actually raspberries are pretty good too, but not as plentiful. So this is the first bag of the season and there are still oodles of unripe flavour explosions on the branches. Last year I made some fantastic Saskatoon wine so hopefully I can get out enough this year to collect a sufficient amount for that. Also the jams are always the best to, I had to start rationing those goods this winter they were just so darned tasty. But the ones in this here picture or most certainly going into some breakfast biscuits tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that, and the day after that even.
If your wondering where to procure some berries of your own(No I am not giving out my secret spot). Buuut, if you head out to the country go for a drive down some smaller country roads in valley type areas or go for a walk down an old set of rail road tracks and your bound to find all kinds of berries on public land. These were harvested not ten minutes from Regina so keep your eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment