Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fishing Season

The spawn is over and the soft water fishing season is greeting us this weekend. I have never been much for fishing down south here but I believe that I have neglected to realize how good the fishing can actually be down here. Come to think of it I have caught one of the largest fish of my life no more than 60 minutes from home. Anyway. This summer will be dedicated to learning all the fishing spots and secrets in the southern part of the province with emphasis on the Fishing Lakes(the Qu'appelle Valley chain) and of course Last Mountain Lake. A fishing licence by the way costs a measly thirty dollars and can be had at all Canadian Tire stores as well as a lot of gas stations and of course all tackle shops. A very petty investment indeed when you consider the cost of a fillet of walleye. Not only will the fish make delicious treats but after I have taken out the fillets the rest of the slimey creature can go to my chickens as well as to my garden. This fruit of the sea is supposedly one of the best fertilizers, especially for certain plants like corn and peppers. Bring on the bounty!

No comments:

Post a Comment