Tuesday, January 17, 2012

That's just the pork!



We made three hundred and sixty pounds of sausage yesterday. It ended up being a 14 hour day but oh so worth it. We figure what we produced ended up with a cost of a buck fifty a pound. Pretty good for sausage of such quality that I would push my own mother down in the grocery store to reach it first (just kidding mom). You can see Tyler using the grinder I rigged up (hundred bucks for the grinder, 7 for the belt, 2 bucks for a new male plug, motor was free (left at my house....if you need it back Jason it is yours..or I could trade some sausage!). I will post some more pictures here soon. I purchased an antique cast iron sausage press for the occasion which was about 240 bucks. I figure one more batch and that pays for itself. We ended up making a jalapeno cheddar, a bratwurst, smoked farmers, regular farmers and a spicy Italian. All tasted phenomenal during the inaugural tasting sessions. Le Petit provided the mop, or rather he was the mop. There is no need to clean floors after a sausage party when you have a hungry dog.

More pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment