Monday, October 4, 2010

Fish of a lifetime.


You know what is fantastic... Living in a city where you can go fishing after school. Living somewhere you can go fishing within city limits. Catching the fish of a lifetime and then being able to have a fire at a public park combined with an epic fucking fish fry. Prince Albert I salute you.

This behemoth was caught from shore last Wednesday where the bastard child of the mighty Red River, aptly called the Little Red River, meets the greatness that is the North Saskatchewan River. It was early in the evening and I was using a five of diamonds tipped with a worm when I got the strike. "I think your snagged on that log that we have been hitting," replied my fellow class mates. "Not unless this log moves," I snapped back. Pretty quick it was evident that I had latched onto a monster. Kevin, who guides up at Wollaston Lake Lodge, an affluent lodge which costs the small price of 1500 dollars a day per person to visit, helped me land this wonderful fish. Weighing in at 11.6 pounds it is probably the biggest walleye I will ever catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment