Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The best part about this program I am in is having instructors that are literally treasure chests of knowledge for everything I am interested in. Yesterday in maps class, instructor Phil was telling me about hunting for wild boar last weekend in my neck of the woods. Every so often a population of farmed wild boar becomes feral. When this happens their status turns from domesticated animal, to pest. Meaning anyone can hunt them, can hunt as many as they want, and should hunt them because they are an introduced species that does an awful lot of damage to habitat. So with some more poking and proding I have found out where a herd, supposedly sometimes reaching fifteen in number, hangs out. Sugar island, accessable by quad or canoe. I have a canoe. I have a shotgun. I have a friend with a rifle. I am going wild boar hunting this weekend. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment