Sunday, January 23, 2011

warm winter breeze

It is nice that the cold snap is over and I can sense that a warm winter breeze from the west is starting its migration. I have been doing a lot of snowshoeing lately. Much more fun then skiing because you can go where ever you want and essentially get lost looking to pot something for evenings dinner. Yesterday I managed to find a treat.

Today the wildlife teacher is taking out a handful of us to go do some trapping. I think we will be setting up some power snares for coyotes and there are also a couple beavers on Ducks Unlimited land that the organziation wants trapped, so we will be doing some underwater sets for that. Maybe we will put out some muscrat sets as well. I forgot my fucking camera today though, but I will be sure to remember it when we check on the traps later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice out on Sunday, but I only did some shoveling, and snow inuksuk building.

    ReplyDelete