Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting Ambitious

So I was working away at John Deere today when I had an excellent idea. I have been craving the BBQ season ever more as the snow has been dissipating. But what to Que? I'm not a big beef guy, but I do have a freezer full of other various ungulates. A few months ago I purchased a meat grinder at Value Village for a couple bucks. Just a small little guy, it is the kind that clamps on to a counter top. So I popped some deer into the microwave and even some bacon to boot. After it was defrosted I ground it into a small bowl and came up with these ingredients to add to the recipe recipe-

Some grated cheese
One beaten egg to keep it all together
A hand full of oats to for the same purpose
A little pepper
A touch of ground mustard
A dash of oregano
A splash of garlic
Seasoning salt to taste
and last of all I put half a white onion in there.

After all was said and done I ended up with 12 burgers. I shall be eating excellent lunches for the rest of the week.
Fuck you McDonalds.

currently listening to Steve Earle and the Del McCoy(spl?) Band

No comments:

Post a Comment